Health benefits include:
- Green tea is loaded with polyphenol antioxidants. These antioxidants can have various beneficial effects on health.
- Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce an effect. It also contains the amino acid l-theanine, which can work together with caffeine to improve brain function.
- Green tea has been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term (although not all studies agree)
- Green tea has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer. Multiple studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of various types of cancer.
- The bio-active compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on the brain. They may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, the two most common neuro degenerative disorders.
- The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses. This can lower the risk of infections and lead to improvements in dental health, a lower risk of caries and reduced bad breath.
- Some controlled trials show that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels. It may also lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Some studies show that green tea leads to increased weight loss. It may be particularly effective at reducing the dangerous abdominal fat.
Need Tips on Health & Nutrition?
We are here to help! Whether you are looking for advice on nutrition, health, healing, meditation, relaxation or yoga; we are here for you. Sit & relax before class with a cup of organic tea & enjoy our holistic library. Yoga mats, cushions & chairs are provided for all classes. We are Kogarah’s newest Yoga & Meditation Centre, covering all areas of St. George including but not limited to Yoga in Kogarah, Bexley, Hurstville, Carlton, Allawah, Arncliffe, Beverley Park, Rockdale, Ramsgate, Brighton Le Sands & Rocky Point Road.
Where to find us:
52 Montgomery Street, Kogarah, NSW, 2217
Shop with us
For more wisdom & inspiration: