Simple Summer Quinoa Salad
This is my favourite, easy, simple summer salad to make at home! Perfect for when friends are coming over, and totally delicious!
– 2 cups quinoa, cooked
– 1-2 cups of greens – rocket, spinach and any other lettuces of your choice
– ½ cup roasted Sweet potato (cubes)
– ½ cup Mandarin segments (from packet)
– A few sprinkles of nutritional yeast
– ½ cup balsamic vinegar
– ½ cup olive oil
– 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
– ¼ cup Pomegranate seeds (optional)
– Toasted nuts/seeds (optional)
This recipe is super easy, you just throw the quinoa, greens, sweet potato, mandarin and pomegranate into a bowl, nutritional yeast, and toss to combine! You can use any type of salad dressing you’d like but my personal favourite must be a Balsamic Maple Dressing. For this, just combine the balsamic, oil, maple syrup and garlic into a jar, bowl or container, and mix! I prefer doing it in a jar/container so that I can just put the lid on and shake it to combine with ease. I also loveeee adding some roasted pecans to mine, just for an extra crunch!